To take care of your healing piercing is as important as to choose the right place/piercer to make it for you. For the best healing results it is necessary to keep and follow the aftercare instuctions.
Hints and tips:
- Avoid undue trauma such as friction from clothing, excessive motion of the area, playing with the jewelry, and vigorous cleaning. These activities can cause the formation of unsightly and uncomfortable scar tissue, migration, prolonged healing, and other complications.
- It is not necessary to rotate the piercing, NEVER do it.
- Avoid cleaning with alcohol, that doesnt help the healing, only dries out the wound.
- Dont go to the swimming pool, tanning studio or sauna for at least two weeks.
- Avoid submerging the piercing in unhygenic water such as lakes, pools, hot tubs.
- Avoid all beauty and personal care products on or around the piercing including cosmetics, lotions, and sprays, etc.
- Don’t hang charms or any object from your jewelry until the piercing is fully healed.
- Compress with Chamomile tea can help the healing in each cases.
- Leave the initial jewelry in for the entire healing period.
- Different length in each case, piercing, person.
- If someone tells you the exact time of healing, dont believe it! There is an average healing time for every types but it always depends on how you do the aftercare.
- The healing times for piercings on our website means the minimal recovery time we think, while the initial jewel should not be replaced.